February 12, 2009

The Auteurs "Sight & Sound" Poll

I've decided to bring some attention to a little project I have in the works.
http://img.slate.com/media/69/SightSoundMag.jpg
Modeled after the famous "Sight & Sound" poll conducted every 10 years since 1952, I have begun a poll on the forums on theauteurs.com

The way the original poll works, 100 critics submit a list of, what is in their opinion, the 10 greatest films of all time. In the last 2 polls (1992 & 2002), Sight & Sound has also made a secondary list using the same format but with 100 directors. So, I thought it was only fair that non-professionals had their say. The online community on The Auteurs, is, to my knowledge, the most diverse and intelligent group of film lovers on the internet. There are users from all over the world, of every age, each with different but respectable and refined taste. It is my belief that the collective opinions of the users at The Auteurs is, at least almost, as trustable and important as the critics or the film makers. I am waiting in anticipation to see the final product, which I'm sure will be as quotable a top 10 as any.

As of right now there are already 78 registered voters, with 28 top 10 lists submitted. Voting closes on the first of March.

I am accepting registration from any users on the site, so if you are interested, sign up at theauteurs.com (which you should do anyways, as it is a brilliant site), and then go to the thread I created in the forums, and follow the instructions from there.

No comments: