April 01, 2009

Alan Moore Loves Zack Snyder's Watchmen

In a recent interview Alan Moore revealed he saw Watchmen, the film adaptation of his acclaimed comic book series from the 1980s. Moore is infamous for hating Hollywood, and even said he would never watch the movie. He even refused to receive any money from Warner Brothers. In a change of heart, after being convinced by a friend, Alan watched the movie. His reaction was very different from what any of us expected...

alan_moore

"I actually loved it. I couldn't believe it. Zack did a wonderful job of bringing my vision to the screen. It is very much like watching my own dreams come true. I did not think it was possible, but the movie does convey all the themes of the comic. I am eager to see the full cut of the film and I'm very excited about the idea of Snyder adapting more of my work. I was on the phone with him today to apologize and we started talking about making Lost Girls, a comic I worked on with my wife, into a feature film. Hopefully you'll hear more about that soon."

2 comments:

witkacy said...

This is really good news to hear - Maybe it'll form some refutation to the haters who so reflexively (and without benefit, often, of having seen the film in the first place) were certain that anything Snyder produces must be worthless...

Unknown said...

you may want to check the date on which this was posted.