December 26, 2008

Best of 2008. Music

Last year, there was an obvious choice for best album. Radiohead's In Rainbows stood far above the rest, and it still does. It was again the album I listened to the most this year. Nothing stood alone as the definitive masterpiece of the year, so, I will not be picking a best album this year but instead listing the albums I enjoyed the most. Here they are:

EDIT: if I had a gun to my head I would go with TV on the Radio's Dear Science as the #1

Conor Oberst by Conor Oberst

Dear Science, by TV on the Radio


Death Magnetic by Metallica


Evil Urges by My Morning Jacket


Fleet Foxes by Fleet Foxes


A Mad & Faithful Telling by Devotchka


Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust by Sigur Ros


Modern Guilt by Beck


Narrow Stairs by Death Cab for Cutie

All of these albums have great covers, which is far too rare.


More "Best of 2008" on the way in the coming weeks.

No comments: