April 26, 2007

Comics This Week

Reviews for comics released on April 25th, 2007...


Crossing Midnight #6 (Vertigo)
Written by Mike Carey, Art by Jim Fern

Crossing Midnight seemed to get off to a great start with a spectacular vision. Recently, however, I have realized that I was mesmerized by the fantastical world and concept. Now that I can see clearer, I notice a couple big flaws. The characters are not as interesting as main characters should. They are overshadowed by the scope of the other ideas introduced in the book. Also, the art is terrible. I can barely stand it at this point. It is the simplest artwork I have ever seen in such a serious comic. The backgrounds usually go anime on us by having it one single colour with no detail at all. Despite these flaws, Crossing Midnight is one of the more interesting series on the shelves. But unless some improvements are made, the shelf is where it will stay.



Coming next week: Buffy The Vampire Slayer #3, The Dark Tower: Gunslinger Born #4, The Loners #2, Runaways #26

No comments: