May 01, 2007

New DVD Review: A Night At The Museum

Note: I was too lazy to review the special features but next time I review a DVD, I promise I will

A Night At The Museum was a big hit. It made lots of money and stayed at the top of the box office for weeks. For the most part it recieved positive reviews. Some people I know, including adults, saw it and told me it was pretty good. Thirty minutes into this movie, I wondered how any of these things were possible. At this point, I witnessed an agonizingly brutal movie. With no laughs in the first quarter of what was supposed to be a comedy, I was beginning to thinking ahead to the zero star review I would give it. However, not long after, there were a couple good jokes in a row. I began to warm up to the film. The comedy doesn't really get going until half way through. The two funniest things are probably Owen Wilson as a miniature cowboy and Mickey Rooney as an old security guard. The movie gets better every scene and ends up being a solid adventure comedy. It may start weak but for the most part, it finishes strongly. Overall, it is not the must-see comedy it was made out to be, but the good second half makes the terrible first half worth sitting through. There are worse ideas than spending A Night At The Museum.


No comments: